There is no federal law banning discrimination based on sex, race, or gender on the cost of goods and services. Some states have adopted their own anti-discrimination laws, but many of these statutes are up for interpretation and don’t protect you. Here is what you need to know about how your sex might influence the prices you pay.
Women earn less and pay more:
● Earnings: 81 cents for every man’s $1.00
● Banking: 32% higher interest on subprime loans than men
● Cars: Offered list price $200 higher than men
● Deodorant: On average costs women 30 cents more than men
● Dry-cleaning: $6.50 per shirt; men pay $2.00 a shirt
● Health Insurance: 45% more than men
Kingsbury, Buyer Beware
What role do you want your money to play in your life? As a natural multi-tasker, you must incorporate a process or routine that allows you to proactively manage your money so that no stone is left unturned and nothing falls through the cracks. Just as we create routines and a process in other areas of life, we must do the same with our money.
But the reality is there are many aspects to consider when managing your wealth. You’ve got your investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds), insurance (life insurance, long term care, mortgages), lending issues, and estate planning. At times, it managing your wealth can feel overwhelming. That is why it is important to break everything down into a manageable system that works for you.