Do you think that you deserve more money than you are earning? Here are 5 tips for developing your self-worth which in turn develops your net worth:
- Think Big, Then Think Even Bigger: The idea is to think in terms of what you are worth, not just what you assume the market will bear.
- Do Your Homework: One of the worst negotiating mistakes women make is picking a number out of the air that’s way too low.
- Take the Initiative: Have tangible evidence of what you bring to the table. Every time you accept more responsibility, successfully complete a challenge or create positive changes, document it.
- Daily Affirmations: Affirmations are positive statements expressed as if they’ve already happened. When you act as if you’re worth a lot, you’ll eventually convince yourself as well as others.
- Challenge yourself in other areas: A stretch in any area of life has a ripple effect in other areas as well. Anything that puts you out of your comfort zone builds confidence and self-worth.
By implementing these tips, you’ll begin to notice a shift in how you feel about yourself. Making more money is not something that you should do, but it is something you have to do, because you know you are worth it.
(Barbara Stanny, 5 Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve)